When it comes to caring for your health, experience counts - and so does compassionate care in a comfortable, stress-free environment.
At our new, 5,000-square-foot Women's Imaging Center, you'll find the complete range of diagnostic breast-care and bone-density scanning services in one convenient location. Featuring the most advanced screening and diagnostic technology available, the Center is guided under the expertise of radiologist Julian Sanchez, M.D., Director of Breast Imaging, along with a highly trained team of registered mammography and ultrasound technologists.
Comprehensive Care, Comfortable Surroundings
Everything you need for total breast and bone care is here at The Women's Center, the only center of its kind in the Hudson Valley. You will enjoy the personalized service and amenities of a women's-only practice amid world-class medical technology that puts comprehensive healthcare right at your fingertips. Our complete array of women's imaging services includes:
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3-D Mammography)
- Low-dose digital mammograms
- Ultrasound-guided and stereotactic-guided breast biopsies
- Breast sonograms (ultrasounds)
- Breast MRIs
- Bone density scanning
Located in the Medical Arts Building at 19 Bradhurst Avenue in Hawthorne, the Women's Imaging Center accepts most private insurance plans, Medicare, and Medicaid. Valet parking is available for your complete comfort and convenience.
Osteoporosis is a disease which thins and weakens bones over time and is a serious condition which affects millions of people as they grow older. Some experts estimate that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men over the age of 50 will be affected by bone fractures that are a result of the disease. Left untreated, the effects of osteoporosis can seriously impact quality-of-life, producing:
- Bone pain or tenderness
- Fractures with little or no preceding trauma
- Loss of height over time
- Low back and neck pain due to fractures of the spinal bones
- Stooped posture or "dowager's hump"
In its early stages, osteoporosis has no symptoms, which makes early detection important for diagnosing and treating the condition before it becomes severe. One of the most effective ways to do this is through bone-density testing, or bone densitometry.
The Advanced Imaging Center uses the Hologic Dexa Bone Densitometer to assess bone strength and your risk for bone fracture. It is a rapid, non-invasive test which uses very low-dose radiation. Testing is convenient and available at varying hours to accommodate the different scheduling needs of our patients.
How Bone Densitometry Works
As with all of our imaging technologies, Dexa is the most accurate and advanced test available for measuring bone mass. Safe and painless, it offers excellent resolution, reproducible precision, and minimal radiation (less than 1/20 of a chest X-ray) to determine the bone density of the spine, hip, or wrist.
More accurate than radiograms (known as radiographic absorptionmetry), Dexa can diagnose bone loss associated with osteoporosis in its earliest stages, all in less than 10 minutes.
With over 200,000 new cases of breast cancer diagnosed in women in the United States annually, mammography remains one of the most important screening tools used to identify the disease in its earliest stage so the most effective treatments can be delivered promptly. Julian Sanchez, M.D., Director of Breast Imaging at Advanced Imaging, is one of a small handful of multi-modality breast interventionalists in the Hudson Valley. Dr. Sanchez specializes in minimally invasive procedures performing stereotactic, ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided biopsies.
Advanced Imaging Offers Industry-leading diagnostic equipment and technology
- Digital mammography
- Ultrasound breast imaging
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- 1.5 Tesla MRI with dedicated breast coil/table
- MRI guided biopsy
Our goal is to provide mammography screening results in less than a week with same-day results for diagnostic mammography and diagnostic ultrasound. Biopsy pathology results are available in just a matter of days.”
Accredited by the
American College of Radiology
||Pink Ribbon Facility
The Central Scheduling Office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our Phone: 914.493-2500 (to schedule an appointment press 2)
- Fax: 914.493.2501
Nuclear Medicine Phone: 914.493.7552
Vascular and Interventional Radiology Phone: 914.493.7560
You can also request an appointment online by clicking the button below
Scheduling Your Appointment
When calling our scheduling department, a friendly voice will greet you and ask for some information to schedule your examination. If possible, please have the following information available:
- General information: name, address, telephone number with area code, Social Security number, driver's License number
- The prescription from the doctor describing the type of examination to be performed.
What type of insurance you have.
- If the examination you are having requires a pre-certification or pre-authorization number, please give that number to the scheduler. If you are not sure whether or not your particular insurance provider requires a pre-certification or pre-authorization, please call your insurance benefits coordinator who should be able to help you.
- Specific information: You may be required to give more detailed information about your examination such as if you have any allergies, if you take certain kinds of medication or, in the case of an MRI examination, if you have a pacemaker or any metallic objects inside your body.
Please notify the scheduling staff if you have had any previous examinations at the Advanced Imaging Center or Westchester Medical Center.
Westchester Medical Center Advanced Imaging
19 Bradhurst Avenue, Suite 1000
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Westchester Medical Center
100 Woods Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Get Directions via Google Maps
The Advanced Imaging Center hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturday hours are available for MRI services.
From Tappan Zee Bridge
- One mile after tolls, stay to the left for Exit 8 (287 East to White Plains -- New England)
- Get off at Exit 4 Hartsdale. At the stop sign, make a left. Make next left -- 287 West (to Tappan Zee Bridge).
- Get off at Exit 3 (Sprain Brook Parkway). Stay on the left -- Parkway North.
- Get off at second exit on the Sprain Parkway marked (Medical Center). At the stop sign, make a right. At the traffic light, make a right onto Bradhurst Avenue, then make a right into the entrance of the Medical Arts Atrium Building.
- Westchester Medical Imaging Services is in the Medical Arts Atrium Building, Suite 1000. Once inside the building, go to the right toward the elevators, then go to your left. Straight ahead will be the entrance to Westchester Medical Imaging Services.
From Connecticut/New England Thruway I-95
- Get off at Exit 21 -- 287 West (to Tappan Zee Bridge). Continue on 287 to Exit 3 (Sprain Brook Parkway).
- Then, follow above directions.
From Northern Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess Counties
- Take the Taconic Parkway, South, to Sprain Brook Parkway.
- Get off at the second exit (right after the police barracks), Route 100, Hawthorne. At the end of the exit ramp, bear right onto Route 100 (which is also Bradhurst Avenue).
- Westchester Medical Imaging Services is located at 19 Bradhurst Avenue, in the Medical Arts Atrium Building (which is past the first traffic light). Make a right into the entrance of the Medical Arts Atrium Building. Once inside the building, go to the right toward the elevators, then go to your left. Straight ahead will be the entrance to Westchester Medical Imaging Services.